runway to air traffic control

Monday, January 23, 2006

From Graduation to Duty Station

I feel bad.  It's been so long since my last post.  Obviously I've graduated by now and I'm even on Whidbey Island!  I took a little bit of leave before driving up here.  Graduation was great - everything went pretty smooth.  It was tough to leave behind classmates and good friends, but on to a new chapter...

I've been here on NAS (Naval Air Station) Whidbey Island since late friday afternoon.  Things are much more laid back and already it seems like a regular nine-to-five.  There was a little culture shock coming from a training command, but not nearly as much as from RTC (boot camp) to Pensacola.  It's certainly a small community.  If it weren't for all of the outdoor activities - hiking, camping, snowboarding, fishing, etc. - I imagine life here would be very dull.  I'm looking forward to making new friends and really starting air traffic control!

No comments: